The ENLACE summer research program at UC San Diego aims to encourage the participation of high school students, university students, and researchers/teachers, in research in the sciences and engineering, while promoting cross-border friendships between Latin America and the United States.
Participants in this program will join a research laboratory at UC San Diego, in a specific area of interest of each participant. The deadline to apply is February 10, 2023. The program brochure can be found here.
High school students currently enrolled in 11th grade of high school are eligible to apply to ENLACE. No other high school students can apply. A University student is any student that will be enrolled in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral program during Spring 2023 and during Fall 2023 (this means that students that are graduating in May or June 2023 are not eligible to apply for participation in ENLACE). For additional information, please review the frequently asked questions found in here.
As part of your application you will have to provide the following documents in PDF format (no other formats will be accepted).
1. A letter of recommendation from a high school teacher or a university professor.
2. School transcripts that include overall grade point average.
3. A two-page essay describing (1) why you want to participate in ENLACE 2023 and (2) what is your specific area of interest.
4. The ENLACE 2023 Signatures document. All signatures must be handwritten. The forms can be found in these links:
5. Now that you have all your documents ready for submission, please complete the online application form:
Student participation fee: $5,000 USD
This fee covers housing, food, field trips, and all other program expenses.
This fee does not cover flight costs or visa processing fees.
Students may apply for financial support to participate in this program.
NOTE: The total cost of the program is $6,000, but all students admitted into the program will automatically receive a $1,000 scholarship, even if not applying for a scholarship. This is in an effort to reduce costs for all students.
The deadline date to apply for financial support is February 10, 2023. The application forms can be found at:
As part of the application, students must upload the following signature pages:
University students accepted into the program as chaperones are guaranteed a full scholarship.
As part of your chaperone application you will have to provide the following documents in PDF format (no other formats will be accepted).
1. A letter of recommendation from a high school teacher or a college professor. This letter is in addition to the letter of recommendation submitted as part of the application to ENLACE.
2. A letter of recommendation from a parent or an adult family member.
3. The ENLACE 2023 Signatures document for chaperones. All signatures must be handwritten. The form can be found here:
4. Now that you have all your documents ready for submission, please complete the online application form: